Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hidden Treasures of the Internet

I've mentioned before in passing how much I appreciate those bloggers who, for whatever reason, drop it all, but don't nuke everything they've put out there.  Even if you think you haven't done anything worthwhile, or not enough to bother keeping it around, someone else might find even one piece of what you've written useful or even mind-blowingly inspirational.

It is with this in mind that I'd like to thank Antion of the Straits of Anian blog.  He posted six times over the course of two years, and fell silent about 2 1/2 years ago, and yet his blog is packed full of cool ideas.  Some might find his blog to be kind of "niche", seeing how it's based in a fantasy version of the Pacific Northwest, but it's right up my alley.  I've been interested in "frontier fantasy" since reading Marvel Comics' take on Robert E. Howard's "Beyond the Black River", and this blog nails down a specific flavor of that, which I plan to plunder if I ever get a chance to run such a campaign.  In particular, I like his take on the wendigo (much more interesting than the half-assed ideas I've had in the past), and the short tale about the warrior warning his son that "the world is as sharp as a knife."

Thanks again, Antion.

No comments:

Post a Comment